Thursday, August 28, 2008

How Bad Is This Mess? Enough To Sway A Principled Libertarian Voter?

Many libertarians will no doubt vote for Barr, or not vote at all. The current administration, which has been so egregiously awful, has convinced me that such a choice is a mistake. The current Republican party is a dreadful mess, and no friend to the kind of libertarianism that I adhere to. On the other hand, the Democratic party offers up at least some hope. Hope versus dreadful mess is an easy choice.

I am also more inclined by temper toward compromise and getting things done than holding very consistent personal views, and so am not willing to let the chips fall where they may. Libertarians need to thoughtfully consider how dreadful the Bush administration has been, and vote accordingly.
I respect voting for one's beliefs, but I need to see an end to this current group running our country.

No comments: