Thursday, November 6, 2008

" I encourage my fellow libertarians, no matter who they supported, to join me in the following:"

Libertarians For Obama has decided to go into the loyal opposition:

"You might think that I'm thrilled that the candidate I've supported so strongly - with my money, my volunteer efforts and many hours of blogging - has now won. I am, of course, but I'm not reveling in my excitement. Not for a minute. I supported Obama because he was the best candidate in the race (the best in the last several races, really). But Obama isn't perfect, and I never thought that he was.

I encourage my fellow libertarians, no matter who they supported, to join me in the following:"

1) Support libertarian proposals ( Agree )
2) Disagree with him when he's wrong ( Agree )
3) Try to get him to be more libertarian ( Agree)
4) Disagree with him when he's wrong ( Agree )
5) Try to recruit other libertarians ( The purpose of this blog )
6) Try to recruit other libertarians ( The purpose of this blog )

"Watch the post-election fight for the soul of the Republican Party. If the libertarian faction takes over I'll eat my hat. No, the Republicans are descending into a Bible-thumping, war-mongering, xenophobic, populist party of the South. The Democratic Party, on the other hand, is now swollen with young, libertarian-minded suburban professionals who've been driven from the Republican Party by Bush, Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin. In other words, the Democratic Party is now ripe for change in a libertarian direction."

I agree completely.

"So the next stop in my political journey is the Democratic Freedom Caucus, where I hope to work with like-minded libertarian Democrats to advance my ideals. Consider joining me."

Good luck! I'll link to this group.

I don't consider myself in the opposition. More like a trusted adviser.


No comments: