Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"the much-hyped conservative infighting has actually been extremely tame"

Matt Yglesis on Conservative Punditry Wars:

"Begun, These Pundit Wars Have Not

I think Ross Douthat is right about this and the much-hyped conservative infighting has actually been extremely tame. I think he’s further correct to say that this is probably a bad thing for the movement. Sometimes it’s helpful to have a good intra-party fight. It doesn’t need to be a fight to the death, but I think something like the Iraq hawk/dove fights of the past several years had a useful impact on progressive politics. The issue was never “resolved” as such and people on both sides of the divide are still in the coalition. But the balance of power was renegotiated, some key players switched sides, and ultimately a standard-bearer with a different kind of record rose to the fore."

Here's my comment:


  1. Don the libertarian Democrat Says:

    I’m a big Darth Maul fan. Can’t I send him to the Conservative side to stir things up? Darth Don the libertarian Democrat

No comments: