Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why Do I Focus So Much On Economics?

I tend not to comment on the following things:

1) Polls : They're imprecise, and, if you like the results, they're meaningful, but if you don't, they're crap.

2) Gaffes: Everybody makes them.

3) Changes Of Opinion : Quite often it makes sense, and, if you agree with the change, it's enlightenment, but if you don't, it's hypocrisy or putting your wet finger in the air.

There are probably others.

Also, Andrew Sullivan, Ron Chusid, Kos, a number of people, focus on everything the candidates say or their shortcomings, and that gets the lion's share of the press anyway, and, well, I don't enjoy it.

Some issues, like Gay Rights and Drug Policy, I've left to others like Andrew Sullivan and Reason, although I'll probably mention them more in the future.

However, my main point in focusing on economics and economic policy is that it is where libertarians most blow a gasket about the Democratic Party, and I endeavor to zero in on the crux of the problem. I don't guarantee to do it well, but, you get the point.

No comments: