Thursday, November 6, 2008

How Many Times Do I Have To Say Blinder?

I make one last push for Blinder via the NY Times:

"Democrats close to the Obama team told The New York Times that they believed the likeliest choices for Treasury secretary would be Lawrence H. Summers, who held the post in the Clinton administration, and Timothy F. Geithner, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

The Wall Street Journal added former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker and Robert Rubin, another former Clinton Treasury secretary and director and senior counselor of Citigroup to the list.

In addition to Mr. Geithner, Mr. Summers and Mr. Volcker, Reuters said that the short list for Treasury includes former Clinton administration adviser Laura Tyson."

Here's my comment:

I’ve suggested Alan Blinder. I’m getting a little tired of being ignored. A word to the wise for the Obama administration: you’re going to need my support , so don’t disappoint me.

— Posted by Don the libertarian Democrat

No comments: