Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Ms. Meeker terrified the audience with the prospects of the coming recession"

When I read about the first part of this presentation, I nearly cried. Then it improved, via the NY Times:

"Nobody can show more in less time than Mary Meeker, the technology and Internet analyst at Morgan Stanley.

In the first session of the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco, Ms. Meeker terrified the audience with the prospects of the coming recession, then offered a vision of ultimate redemption. (You can see her slides here.)"

Here's my comment:

“Nobody can show more in less time than Mary Meeker, the technology and Internet analyst at Morgan Stanley.

In the first session of the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco, Ms. Meeker terrified the audience with the prospects of the coming recession, then offered a vision of ultimate redemption.”

Here's my comment:

Well, when I read that story, I didn’t see it doing a lot to drum up business for Morgan Stanley. It made me take a xanax, and think of putting cash under my mattress. And I’m optimistic about the economy.

— Don the libertarian Democrat

No comments: