Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Oh, when will there be A harvest for the world"

Matt Yglesias takes on Leon Wieseltier:

"These are the kind of thoughts that your editor is supposed to stop you from writing. Leon Wieseltier:

I woke up the next morning still under the spell of solidarity and love. I decided to make the spell last. I gave away my tickets to a performance of some late Shostakovich quartets, because for once I was not interested in the despair. Instead I spent the day listening to the Ebonys and the Chi-Lites and the Isley Brothers. For lunch I went to Georgia Brown’s for fried green tomatoes.

I was waiting for the next sentence to be about watermelons, but he spared us that at least."

I think that Wieseltier might be saying that Sen. Obama's election makes even depressives like us happy. Anyway, here are my comments:


  1. Don the libertarian Democrat Says:

    You just made me play ” Harvest For The World”:

    All babies together
    Everyone a seed
    Half of us are satisfied
    Half of us in need

    Love’s bountiful in us
    Tarnished by our greed
    Oh, when will there be
    A harvest for the world

    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Hey

    A nation planted
    So concerned with gain
    As the seasons come and go
    Greater grows the pain

    And far too many
    Feelin’ the strain
    Oh, when will there be
    A harvest for the world

    Yeah, yeah

    Gather every man
    Gather every woman
    Celebrate your lives
    Give thanks for your children (No)

    Gather everyone (Gather everyone)
    Gather all together (Gather all together)
    Overlookin’ none (Overlookin’ none)
    Hopin’ life gets better for the world

    Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh

    Dress me up for battle
    When all I want is peace
    Those of us who pay the price
    Come home with the least

    And nation after nation
    Turnin’ into beasts
    Oh, when will there be
    A harvest for the world

    Yeah, hey
    When will there be
    I wanna know now, now
    When will there be a harvest {Harvest for the world}

  2. Don the libertarian Democrat Says:

    Now it’s ” That Lady”. Thanks man. It really brightened my morning.



No comments: