Friday, October 31, 2008

"THE ECONOMIST, as we've mentioned once or twice, has published its endorsement of Barack Obama"

Free Exchange asks if the Economist's endorsement of Sen. Obama was expected, because, if it wasn't, then it might be significant ( that's the logic, don't blame me ):

"So they can be important, but they're more important if they're unexpected, given the perceived bias of a publication. The question, then, is just what did you all expect?"

Here's my comment:

I'm thinking that you don't think that you're very credible, otherwise, like the sensible people that you are, you would be worried that someone might actually listen to you.

I wouldn't want that on my conscience, and I doubt that you do either. Eccentrics like us need to keep our own counsel on really weighty matters. Don't you agree? That's what I was expecting.
10/31/2008 9:47 PM GST

No comments: