Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here For The Long Run

Let me make the point that I'm in this for the long run. It will take time and effort to develop a libertarian Democrat agenda and have it more widely accepted and adopted by the Democratic party. This blog will continue after the election. I also intend to reach out to moderates and some traditionalists and conservatives as time goes on.

I've never been very active in politics, but I intend to get very involved in my local Democratic party affairs. I recently moved, so I'm still getting acquainted with my new surroundings. But I understand that I will have to also be involved at a grass roots level.

I am taking up the challenge that Kos put forth two years ago, which caused me to reassess my own views and realize that liberals and Democrats had been more and more open to libertarian ideas over the years. It's an idea worth developing.

Finally, I've been in the Libertarian and Republican Party. From my perspective, they're dead ends, and, also, as I've said, I do have a difference of opinion with them in many respects, making me more comfortable in the Democratic party.

I intend this blog to be partisan, but not overly so, because I want people in other parties or independents to join me in this discussion. Please feel free to comment.

No comments: