Sunday, September 14, 2008

Will We Criticize Our Own?

One thing that has been apparent about the Gov. Palin nomination is that some conservative and Republican blogs and writers will defend her no matter what, although not all. I have, in fact, read a few that have expressed reservations about her.

Now, the other day I came across a negative story about Gov. Schweitzer, probably one of the few identifiable libertarian Democrat figures in politics today. It wasn't much of a story, so I don't have anything to say about it. However, if Gov. Schweitzer does engage in practices or advances policies I don't approve of, I won't hesitate to criticize him.

I want this blog to be based on ideas and policies. I understand the personal will intrude, but when it does, I want it to be about something important.

If there's a future for libertarian Democrats, it will have to be based on solid ideas and policies, not simply particular politicians.

No comments: