Thursday, September 11, 2008

Libertarians For Obama Contacts Alaska LP About Gov. Palin

Check out Libertarians For Obama for information about Gov. Palin and the Libertarian Party Of Alaska. I was a Libertarian Party member for quite some time, although I also voted for Democrats, Republicans, and even a Green once or twice.

I have tried to make the point that libertarian Democrats are not, I repeat, not exactly the same as libertarians or members of the LP. There are common themes among us, namely having liberty as our guiding principle, but we all have differences. I respect and accept that, even if others don't.

Gov. Palin is not, from my perspective, a libertarian on social issues or even on defense issues as far as I can tell. I have no problem with people overlooking her anamolous positions for libertarians, but please don't claim that you're a libertarian and she's a libertarian and I'm not.

I like to engage in a conversation based on ideas. When Gov. Palin has some worth considering, I'll listen.

No comments: