Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To Be Libertarian Or Swedish?

I'm officially admitting that I'm addled about this Crisis. Only two plans are even understandable to me. One will anger libertarians, the other Democrats.

First, I understand this libertarian response by Anthony Randazzo on Reason
:

"No More Bailouts!Congress should unleash the private sector to address the current financial meltdown
"September 23, 2008

Stopping a Financial Crisis, the Swedish Way

A banking system in crisis after the collapse of a housing bubble. An economy hemorrhaging jobs. A market-oriented government struggling to stem the panic. Sound familiar?"

And I understand this even more radical plan which helps me understand Credit Default Swaps:

"Credit Default Swaps: Evolving Financial Meltdown and Derivative Disaster Du Jour

No comments: