Friday, September 19, 2008

Terry Michael: The Libertarian Case For Obama

Terry Michael gives "The Libertarian Case For Obama" on Reason. Here's the beginning:

"For those who recognize that "libertarian Democrat" is no more oxymoronic than "libertarian Republican," a solid case can be made for Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) as a Leader of the Free World who won't take that American Exceptionalism conceit as seriously as "Country First" Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)."

Please read the whole article.

Here's my two cents in the Comments section:

"Don the libertarian Democrat | September 19, 2008, 3:52pm | #Thanks to Reason for giving Terry Michael the space to write this article. I'm more interested in developing a libertarian strain in the Democratic party, and so I'm not as taken with Sen. Obama as most Democrats. I'm voting for him, but am more interested in a long term approach to developing a libertarian Democrat agenda that will, actually, reduce the size of government. As for wishful thinking, the GOP and LP are masters of that."

If anyone responds to me, I'll let you know.

I've already admitted that Sen. Obama is not a libertarian Democrat, so I'm not going into that again now. Terry Michael makes a better case that I could, anyway. I admit I'm reading the tea leaves with Sen. Obama.

No comments: